Sunday, October 29, 2006

Thanksgiving Is Coming

Thanksgiving is coming and I am very excited about it. I think Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. People tend to have more time off, families get together, and no one is expected to buy anything. There is usually a football game playing on the TV and often times you will find a game is being played outside. There are smells of food cooking inside and outside because the grill is going. There is a lot of talking and laughing. At my house, the kitchen is the center of everything but there are people all over the house.

My family works very hard at getting along when we are together. We do not agree on everything, we do not go to the same kind of churches, we have different interests, we are not even of the same political mind, but we all recognize the value of family. We are competitive so games are a big thing for us, but we like everyone to win. We are loud – sorry to say. We talk all at the same time, finish each other’s sentences, and yet, we listen carefully to what is being said – the things spoken without using words. Generally, we like and respect each other. I know not all families are like this, so that makes us extra special.

We do not get together as often as we once did, so the times we are together are more precious. As I get older, I cherish these times together even more. Oh, there is plenty of work getting everything together and I will worry over all kinds of details – but this is a favorite time for me because the family comes together and we are truly thankful to God for giving us each other.

ElaineH

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home