Thursday, June 15, 2006

Red Box

A coworker just walked into my office and shook their head. On my desk was my “red box” of greeting cards. In the box is an assortment of greeting cards, purple pen, return address stickers, and usually stamps. This red box is part of my efforts to be a good encourager. When I learn of a success in someone’s life, illness, death, birthday, etc. I take out my red box and send a card, right then. If I wait I will get busy and forget or it will be too late.

That is about the way it is in everything we do – if we wait to do something we forget or are too late.
· If we wait to tell our parents how much they mean to us, they die and we are too late.
· If we wait to tell a child how proud we are of them we get busy and forget – the next thing we know we are upset with the child but we don’t forget to tell the child how disappointed we are in them.
· If we wait to let a friend know we thought of them today we could be too late to help our friend through a difficult time and loose the friendship.
· If we wait to volunteer to help out then we get busy and forget.
· If we wait to say how much we appreciate our spouse then we get busy and forget and the spouse wonders if we even notice them.

My red box reminds me not to wait to do the things I want and should do. Everyone needs a red box.

ElaineH.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home